What is ID generation? What is the purpose of this? How can we use/configure?
The ID generator rule is for newly created entities. After you configure the ID generator rule, it automatically generates a unique ID for the respective entity.
To start with the Id generation module we need to understand some of the parameters or keywords which are going to help us understand Id generation.
- GROUP_NAME : Inside the Group name section you need to provide your logic a name which uniquely identifies your id generation logic and helps to reuse it in various places. → POD
- GEN RULE : Gen Rule is the section where you write your actual generation logic for id. → Pattern :POD+[LOGIN_ID]+[DATETIME]
- LAST USED SEQUENCE: Enter the numeric value. → 1
- MIN RETURN SIZE: To provide minimum size to you Id. → 30
- PADDING_TYPE: To add padding Type to your id, if size is smaller than min size then Padding value will append to id. eg. RIGHT_PADDING, LEFT_PADDING
- PADDING_WITH: To provide padding value to your Id. → *
Once you have done with the rule, then save it.
Example configuration missing
Configuration of ID Generator:
- GROUP_NAME : Enter the name of Entity POD
- GEN RULE : Provide thus gen rule POD+[LOGIN_ID]+[DATETIME]
- LAST USED SEQUENCE:1
- MIN RETURN SIZE: 30
- PADDING_TYPE: enter padding Type LEFT_PADDING
- PADDING_WITH: *
What does POD means here?
It’s a random entity, which created by default at the time of downloading the build.
So can we have any other name.
What needs to be done to achieve this
Yes, you can enter any name as per your requirement.
This module automatically generates a unique ID or random number that is assigned to an entity like POD, or any other similar entity. This unique ID is used as a unique identifier to
the entity when a new object is loaded as a result of user action.
For instance:- For each journey that is related to specific lead that the banking agent initiates, the ID generator component internally creates a unique ID and then assigns it to that journey.