- Prepare VM: Provision the VM (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux 2 - Tested). You can also install MicroVRT on any other VM. It is just not tested.
- Set VM’s timezone to
- Create swap memory with RAM + 2GB size. For e.g. for 16G create 18G Swapfile.
Note: Amazon Linux 2023 has some problem with docker. It consumes all the memory available so not recommended.
- Configure AWS CLI and Login: Install aws cli for downloading aws images. Then run following commands:
aws configure access DECIMAL_ECR_ACCESS_KEY secret DECIMAL_ECR_SECRET_KEY $(aws ecr get-login --no-include-email --region ap-south-1)
Install Docker: Install docker Latest version with compose 2 version. consult the official docker website for the steps. Install Docker Engine | Docker Docs .
Make sure docker is running without sudo . Read Linux post-installation steps for Docker Engine | Docker Docs
You can check compose using following command
docker compose --help
Unzip the MicroVRT source code on to the desired location. for e.g.
/opt/decimal/vrt/. Rename the docker file according to the environment (8/ 16/ 32)
cd to folder and run
docker compose up -d. For e.g.
cd /opt/decimal/vrt/ docker compose up -d
That’s all and your VRT is up.
- This will also install DMS and Event Manager. Please change DMS properties accordingly.
- AGENT_ID and AGENT_SECRET needs to be updated in sync-engine properties as per the new environment.