How we can configure LOV in Admin Portal?
High-Level Steps to Configure LOV in Admin Portal:
- Create LOV Group:
- Start by creating an LOV Group to categorize and organize related LOVs. Choose a meaningful name for the group, and provide a brief description if necessary.
- Create LOV in LOV Group:
- Within the LOV Group, add individual LOVs to represent specific sets of values. Assign a unique name and description to each LOV to distinguish its purpose.
- Map LOV with Parent (if required):
- For certain LOVs, establish parent-child relationships to control value display based on the selection of another LOV. If needed, map the LOV with its parent LOV within the same group.
- Add/Edit LOV Values for a LOV:
- For each LOV, define the individual values that will be available for selection. These values should be relevant to the LOV’s purpose.
- Assign Attributes to LOV Values (if required):
- If your application requires additional attributes for each LOV value, such as risk scores or other metadata, you can define these attributes as key-value pairs.
- Save or Update Configuration:
- After setting up the LOV Group, LOVs, their values, and any necessary attributes, save the configuration to make the LOVs available for use within your application.
- Test and Implement:
- Test the configured LOVs within your application to ensure they function as intended. Implement them in the appropriate forms, fields, or processes where they are needed.
- Maintain and Update (as required):
- Periodically review and update your LOVs to ensure they remain relevant and accurate. Modify or add values and attributes as your application’s needs change.